Two From Glasgow

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

weepig
audio school

Two From Glasgow

Post by weepig » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:46 am

Hi Larry; thanks for the articles on two of Scotland's heroes of the recording world. (There are many more, but Paul and Tony are a good introduction!)
I'm a gearhead myself, and have a converted garage I use to record friends and musical buddies) Paul Savage very kindy allowed me to hang out with him for the day at Chem 19 to show me some drum mic techniques, and generally allow me to drive him nuts with studio questions. I know all the guys at Chemikal, and know everyone in Scotland has much love and respect for the amazing things they have done to nurture and develop the industry in Scotland. Tony's track record speaks for itself; I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, and through my day job at Scottish Enterprise, giving him a few pointers to potential studio locations. Glasgow also hosts a first class post production sound facility for games, tv and film work; one of the few in Europe with Dolby accreditation. Check out www.savalas.co.uk/

So thanks for the articles, give us a heads up the next time you are in Glasgow and we'll look after you Larry! :)

George Falconer
Scottish Enterprise

dave watkins
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by dave watkins » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 am

yes definitely enjoyed those interviews, those two have worked on a lot of my favorite records. and Glasgow is just very near and dear to my heart in general, so i promptly read the last issue cover to cover (the rest was swell too) as soon as i got it. keep the good stuff coming! it keeps me inspired and is always kicking my ass to continue making interesting music.

cheers
the tape is rolling, the ones and zeros are... um... ones and zeroing.
http://www.davewatkinsmusic.com

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:05 am

Thanks folks! Those guys were great to meet, as was Paul's wife Emma. I really liked Glasgow - maybe I have some Scottish blood in me? We thought it was Irish all along...
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com