FS: Ramsa, Switchcraft, Symetrix, Gibson, more

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

sound for sandwiches
gimme a little kick & snare

FS: Ramsa, Switchcraft, Symetrix, Gibson, more

Post by sound for sandwiches » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Help me clean out my basement!

I have the following for sale, and might add more later today as I think of things I have hidden away here and there. All prices negotiable, and I am definitely interested in trades of all kinds.

Ramsa WR-8816 console with power supply- $SOLD. 100% functional, all pots and faders cleaned last year. I have tons of goodies for this- 8 extra channel strips, extra group and master modules, extra meter bridge and jackfield, and two 16-channel TS-RCA looms to connect the channel ins and outs to a recorder- all included in the sale. This board is a lot of fun to use, and has awesome flexibility for monitoring. The drawback is that everything is unbalanced except for the mic inputs. I used this with two Alesis AI-3s for one project and it turned out excellently for what it was. It would be a great compliment to a prosumer multitrack tape machine with unbalanced I/O- that's what I bought it for, but the tape machine I was going to use didn't pan out. This is too big for me to use now.

Symetrix CL-150 compressor. works, but missing a knob. $75 (sold)

ARX systems six channel gate. It has raw ended cables soldered to where the jacks used to be. They were used as insert cables, so unbalanced, but if you wanted to rewire it, it will run balanced. There are also key inputs, which aren't connected currently. Looks beat, but functions fine. $40.

Alesis 3630. includes power supply that is held together with tape. The unit itself works fine, but one rack ear is chipped. I feel a little ashamed of trying to sell this here. $SOLD

Switchcraft TRS normalled patchbay- missing 6 modules. Solder tab connections on rear. $75
Neutrik TRS patchbay- the one with the flip-flop modules. $40
Hosa TS patchbay- thru only. $20

Vintage Gibson combo amp- Duo-Medalist. 20 watts, Reverb and Tremelo with original footswitch. 12" Jensen speaker, 2 channels. A very funky amp. I thought I had pictures, but I can't find them. Get in touch if you're interested. $SOLD.

Hosa TS-RCA 8 channel snakes. I have 4 in different lengths. one of them has a bad channel. $30 for the lot.

3RU rack shelf with hold-down bars, and 3RU rack drawer with keys. (drawer sold) $15 each.

I am in Chicago, and would of course prefer local pickup on the heavy stuff. But anything goes. All prices are without shipping. I have several dealings with other tape-oppers, and would happily refer you to them if you wish. Like I said I am open to offers and trades. Let me know. Thanks for looking.

-David
Last edited by sound for sandwiches on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

sound for sandwiches

Post by sound for sandwiches » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 am

Bump for sales pending.

sound for sandwiches

Post by sound for sandwiches » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:57 am

Bump for sale updates.

Artifex
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Artifex » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 am

Bump, David is a real class act!

sound for sandwiches

Post by sound for sandwiches » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks Artifex. It was good to meet you in person.

I have updated the OP for things that are gone. I was able to do some trades for the biggest items, which works great for me. If you're interested in any of the pieces that are still available, let me know and we'll make a deal.

david