In order to get our EQ in front of more working engineers, Square State Solid State are sending one of our units on a tour of the continental US. We'll be selecting TOMB members, booking an itinerary, and giving a number of folks a chance to demo in the privacy and comfort of their own studios. To keep the logistics simple, we're limiting this to the contiguous 48 states. If the tour is successful, we'll consider other locales in the near future.
As I keep saying, watch this space.
Here?s how it works:
1) Email the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2) We?ll select the recipients and arrange the EQ?s travel itinerary (we?re thinking geographically here, trying to keep it quick and cheap while in transit). Up to 10 studios/engineers will be selected.your TOMB username,
your given name,
3) We want you to test drive the EQ for 5 days and go hog wild with it! On day 6, you agree to place it back in its packaging and forward on to the next recipient via UPS or FedEx ground service. Shipping is on you and must include $500 insurance.
4) You agree to post your findings, thoughts, musings, etc. on this TapeOp forum thread.
5) Everyone that participates gets a couple of free Square State Solid State stickers and our love.
6) If you send us at least two minutes of raw video footage of you using the model one b (in the studio folks, and keep it PG), and a signed copy of our video release, you?ll receive a Square State Solid State t-shirt. Think of it like the traveling garden gnome, only with an EQ, and video instead of postcards.
7) Upon fulfillment of a posted review, we?ll send you a discount code to be used at ZenPro Audio for 5% off the purchase of the model one b.
8 ) A few words about the Honor System. We?re counting on you folks to spend as much quality time as possible with the EQ and definitely run it through its sonic paces. That being said, don?t use it to hammer nails or throw at the drummer. And please make sure that it gets to the next destination in a timely manner.
I've got an EQ in a box here, ready to leave as soon as tomorrow (well, probably Monday at this point), so be sure to sign up early!
Those selected will hear from us via email with proposed dates and more detailed terms & conditions. If you get this email, be sure to respond to confirm your position. Once the itinerary is confirmed, we'll post it here.