New Rockstudio Design & Construction!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:55 am

noeqplease wrote:Hi,

A 44' by 22' is not enough space for a commercial studio, unless you are a one room facility, used for smaller recording projects.
wrong.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:00 am

rhythm ranch wrote:
MoreSpaceEcho wrote:looks good to me.

the stacked amp booths is a good space-saving idea.
+1
yeah, I'd kill for that much space...

I have about half that.. though i'm not "commercial" i do record bands who put out records that people buy at shows... but what do I KNOW?

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:14 am

trodden wrote:
noeqplease wrote:Hi,

A 44' by 22' is not enough space for a commercial studio, unless you are a one room facility, used for smaller recording projects.
wrong.
here is the floor plan of a commecial studio, with a handful of big records made in it over the past 15 years or so. Pretty much the same size as the OP layout... pretty "commercial" if you ask me..

rockstudio
gettin' sounds

Post by rockstudio » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:37 pm

trodden, thanks for posting your floor plan. How many square feet do you have? Your control room looks huge! I am going to move my mix position further back than it appears in my floor plan.

I'll be designing and researching for a few months before we start building. Thanks for checking out this thread, and for your comments and support!

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:02 pm

rockstudio wrote:trodden, thanks for posting your floor plan. How many square feet do you have? Your control room looks huge! I am going to move my mix position further back than it appears in my floor plan.

I'll be designing and researching for a few months before we start building. Thanks for checking out this thread, and for your comments and support!
Oh, its not my place! I wish. A commercial studio in town that i've been in a handful of times.

My place is about the size of the space you're making, maybe a bit smaller, but its also a living space so I lose some studio space over that. Its more of a one room with an iso booth operation.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:03 pm

rockstudio wrote:trodden, thanks for posting your floor plan. How many square feet do you have? Your control room looks huge! I am going to move my mix position further back than it appears in my floor plan.

Oh, its not my place! I wish. A commercial studio in town that i've been in a handful of times.

My place is about the size of the space you're making, maybe a bit smaller, but its also a living space so I lose some studio space over that. Its more of a one room with an iso booth operation.