80-8 schematics & manual - Fuse #7

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

lassoharp
ass engineer

80-8 schematics & manual - Fuse #7

Post by lassoharp » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Anyone have an active(AnalogRules is apparently down) link to 80-8 schematics/manual?

Or if anyone has it already downloaded - The info I'm looking for is:

What circuit is Fuse # 7 (2.5A slo-blo) tied in to?

Thanks in advance

calaverasgrandes
ghost haunting audio students

Post by calaverasgrandes » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:18 pm

dang, I gave my 80-8 manual and schemo to some guy on here. I'll try to look up who it was and ask him if he can hook you up.
??????? wrote: "everything sounds best right before it blows up."

lassoharp
ass engineer

Post by lassoharp » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Cool. Thanks.

The manual was readily available online at AnalogRules at one point. Looks like they've taken it down.

j_howell
pushin' record

Post by j_howell » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Yo! I am said dude (thanks again, calaverasgrandes!), lemme dig up said manual and get back to you- my stuff is all in a huge mess right now, but I know it's there somewhere...
I like pie.

Tired Eyes
audio school graduate

Post by Tired Eyes » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:44 am

Fuse 7 is the 24V DC power supply for the record / reproduce amp. If it blows check the voltage regulator IC2 and the rectifier diodes first. I have pdf's of the schematic + manual, send me your email and I'll fire them off to you.

lassoharp
ass engineer

Post by lassoharp » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:12 am

Tired Eyes wrote:Fuse 7 is the 24V DC power supply for the record / reproduce amp. If it blows check the voltage regulator IC2 and the rectifier diodes first. I have pdf's of the schematic + manual, send me your email and I'll fire them off to you.

Thanks TiredEyes, I had a feeling a voltage regulator was involved. It may be going on the fritz. Luckily I've had no more problems with it but I'll probably grab some spares.

I'll send my email as PM

Thanks again

GYMusic
audio school

Post by GYMusic » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:14 pm

I have an 80-8 that's been sitting for a while. Plays fine. No record. I do not hear any record relays engaging. Record light does not light. Any clues?

lassoharp
ass engineer

Post by lassoharp » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:11 am

Check the fuses.

GYMusic
audio school

Post by GYMusic » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:01 am

lassoharp wrote:Check the fuses.
TNX for the reply. That was the first thing I did was check all the fuses for continuity. I'm wondering if it could be something so simple as the record switch. It looks hard to get to.

lassoharp
ass engineer

Post by lassoharp » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:25 am

Have you checked the relays? I can't remember how they're mounted - but if socketed try reseating. Check voltages on the relay pins. Sometimes the relay contacts will get a buildup on them. I have heard mention of the 80-8 relays occasionally getting stuck though I've never had that problem with mine.

Does pressing both REC & PAUSE at the same time show the rec-ready position: rec light blinking?

GYMusic
audio school

Post by GYMusic » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:30 am

lassoharp wrote:Have you checked the relays? I can't remember how they're mounted - but if socketed try reseating. Check voltages on the relay pins. Sometimes the relay contacts will get a buildup on them. I have heard mention of the 80-8 relays occasionally getting stuck though I've never had that problem with mine.

Does pressing both REC & PAUSE at the same time show the rec-ready position: rec light blinking?
I will check and re-seat the relays. Pressing both REC & PAUSE at the same time does nothing.

I've gone to some site numerous times to download the schematics, but couldn't. Get an error message.

TNX for your replies!