***SOLD*** Yamaha PM1000 - 2 Channels Racked $360!

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

***SOLD*** Yamaha PM1000 - 2 Channels Racked $360!

Post by digitaldrummer » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:58 am

****SOLD*** (locally)

2 channels of Yamaha PM1000 mic pres for $360 + shipping (I take paypal).

these are from a pair of talkback modules, and this time I made use of the three diferent gain sections. So one of the toggles let's you choose the initial gain section and gives you a high or low gain (the other is phantom power). Because the circuit is slightly diferent, the tone is also. Original Yamaha/Tamura input and output transformers. DI on both channels (excellent for bass or getting some mojo on your keyboards, drum machines, etc.) Recapped with Nichicon and Wima. XLR in and out. Linear power supply with fuse.

This is the last of my parts and at this time I have no plans to rack any more of these.

****SOLD******

Last edited by digitaldrummer on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:54 pm

or I'd trade for a UAD-2 solo
Mike

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:19 pm

get it while you can...
Mike

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:42 pm

bump - and seriously, I'm taking a vacation on these so will likely NOT rack any more of these for a long time. I need to spend more time on music!
Mike

the brill bedroom
pushin' record

Post by the brill bedroom » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:45 pm

I hope you don't mind me asking about these, it's based solely in lack of knowledge on my part, but what are we looking at here? I have seen other PM1000 channel strips racked and it's pretty easy to see the EQ and other parts of the channel strip. Is this something else?
check out what I did on my Otrari 8 track at
http://www.myspace.com/3903599

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:02 pm

the brill bedroom wrote:I hope you don't mind me asking about these, it's based solely in lack of knowledge on my part, but what are we looking at here? I have seen other PM1000 channel strips racked and it's pretty easy to see the EQ and other parts of the channel strip. Is this something else?
yes, as described above, this unit was made from the talkback channels of a PM1000. the gain structure on those cards is similar to that of the input module (but w/o the EQ). In this case I used another section of the module to get a "low" gain input as well, which is versatile if you have loud sources (like drums) or a hot bass guitar pickup on the DI.

so, you've got the gain knob for each channel, then you have the toggle for the high/low gain and then another toggle for +48 phantom power and of course 1/4" DI on each side. hope that clarifies it.

Mike
Mike

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:45 am

digitaldrummer wrote:
the brill bedroom wrote:I hope you don't mind me asking about these, it's based solely in lack of knowledge on my part, but what are we looking at here? I have seen other PM1000 channel strips racked and it's pretty easy to see the EQ and other parts of the channel strip. Is this something else?
yes, as described above, this unit was made from the talkback channels of a PM1000. the gain structure on those cards is similar to that of the input module (but w/o the EQ). In this case I used another section of the module to get a "low" gain input as well, which is versatile if you have loud sources (like drums) or a hot bass guitar pickup on the DI.

so, you've got the gain knob for each channel, then you have the toggle for the high/low gain and then another toggle for +48 phantom power and of course 1/4" DI on each side. hope that clarifies it.

Mike
Do they sound different than the usual PM1000 modules?

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:06 pm

I can't say they sound exactly the same because I have not compared them side by side, but it does sound like a PM1000 8). I built a similar unit that was single channel (a friend bought it) and he said "best bass guitar tone ever" through the DI.
Mike