Seattle, WTB: Apogee Rosetta break-out cables

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

AK Audio
gettin' sounds

Seattle, WTB: Apogee Rosetta break-out cables

Post by AK Audio » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:07 pm

So I just bought an Apogee Rosetta 800, which hasn't arrived yet. Now I need to integrate it into my current patchbay.

I saw these cables (http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... sku=334008) on sale at GC, but realized when I got home that it looks like they're both female ends and won't work (no jokes necessary).

I can return the cables, but now I need something that's a DB25 MALE to 8x TRS male ends. I was wondering if anyone was looking to get rid of such a thing? If so, email me at iplaydabass @ yahoo and we can talk about price.

Perhaps someone could also turn me onto a decent source for these as well? Any advice would be appreciated.

johnny7
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by johnny7 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:40 am

Sounds like you just grabbed the wrong package. I bought my my breakout cables (the ones you are describing) there.

Johnny7

AK Audio
gettin' sounds

Post by AK Audio » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:12 pm

Hmmm... well, it looks like Planet Waves doesn't make any of their breakout snakes with male db25 connectors (at least according to the website). Any while I was at GC there was nothing on the shelves with a male DB25 from any maker/brand.

Is it possible they've just been discontinued? Or have the DB25-style cables just gone out of fashion? I would believe it considering the ones I bought are discounted so heavily. I'm assuming they're on the way out as well.

digitaldrummer
ghost haunting audio students

Post by digitaldrummer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:28 pm

you have to buy the other half of the "modular cable".

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... sku=334007
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

AK Audio
gettin' sounds

Post by AK Audio » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm

DD - thanks for pointing that out, as I missed it entirely. It's clear now. Although that's quite frustrating - I sure don't need an 8 foot cable for a 10 space rack... oh well.

Anyone out there using something different?