Minneapolis recording Project.

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

asmara
steve albini likes it

Minneapolis recording Project.

Post by asmara » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:37 am

Hey, my first post in a long long time... after a short break from the world of audio i am getting back into it again. So basically I wanted to see if there are any places in the cities that do rentals for microhphones, preamps, compressor. i need for about 2 weeks in early August. I am recording in a home setting and also at a rehearsal space called the profile center. If there are any private TapeOpers that want to swap time or services some way that can fullfill this need maybe we can work something out. I have a connection in the dental office and also am a photographer. Really hoping for 4 channels of API preamp and some basic mics such at AT4040, BlueMouse.

Otherwise I will have to resort to buying used and reselling once the recordings are done a hope I break even on it.

Thanks.

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students

Post by kayagum » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Google search turned up this: http://www.themiclocker.net/

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:44 am

Granted that I haven't lived in Mupples in ten years, I remember Metro Sound and Lighting as being the default go-to for that.

asmara
steve albini likes it

Post by asmara » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:13 pm

"Mupples"? That's a new one for me. Thanks for "The Mic Locker" That seems like a great resource. Not so much high-end options but some good utility choices. Thanks. Anyone know if Paul Henry is still around? I see references to his site but nothing that appears active. I used to buy from him at GC Edina quite a bit back in the ADAT days!

Thanks.