Box of 1960s NOS electronics--pots, carbon resistors, SOLD

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Box of 1960s NOS electronics--pots, carbon resistors, SOLD

Post by Judas Jetski » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi. I've got a bunch of old electronics parts, and I figure one of you gear-gurus could probably use them.

1 box of Amperex resistors, 270 KOhm--box originally held 100. It seems almost completely full to me, but I'm not rainman so I don't know how many are actually in there. Maybe only 97. Box seems to be dated Jan. 1965 (1-65). As far as I can tell, these are NOS.

1 mess of other resistors in 3 varieties: big (390 KOhm?), small (39KOhm?), and 'kiddie size' (I have no idea what ohmage). As far as I can tell, these are NOS.

16 clarostat pots, which if I'm reading the date code right, date out to late 1967. If I've measured these right, they're music pots, not the other kind. Logarithmic, or non-logarithmic, or whatever. As far as I can tell, these are NOS.

6 switches that look like guitar pickup selector switches, but seem to be momentary. As far as I can tell, these are NOS.

16 or 17 small knobs. These are the kind that mate to a D-shaped post, and match the pots above. As far as I can tell, these are NOS.

Various and sundry other switches and things. As far as I can tell, these are NOS.

13 or 14 tubes. Nothing I recognize--no 6L6 or EL84 or anything. As far as I can tell, these are all used, or one might be new but got dropped or something. I don't know. Some of these things might actually be good. Or, they might not be. I have no freaking clue. I don't want to know. I just want them to be somewhere else.

I've spent as much time thinking about these things as I care to, and what I'd like to do is dump them in a flat rate box and ship them to you (yes you). So we'd be looking at probably $10 for shipping, and ... I dunno ... a few bucks for the parts? Or some sort of interesting trade perhaps. I'm always looking for analog tape...
Last edited by Judas Jetski on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Judas Jetski EP up! andysmash.bandcamp.com

www.andysmash.com

firgela
pushin' record

Post by firgela » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm not ignoring the fact that you say you don't know or care to know what tubes you have, but by chance... some chance... do you know if any of them are 7591's? Thanks.

http://www.nj7p.org/Tube4.php?tube=7591
"You can be a king or a street sweeper but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper"
-Robert Alton Harris

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Post by Judas Jetski » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Ah, so you're ignoring the fact that I said I don't know what the tubes are?

There's a 6136, and a 6SK7, and a bunch of little guys... but they're all pretty poorly marked, and I'm no expert. I don't think there's any 7591's.

Even assuming they actually are what the boxes they're in are marked as, there's no guarantee what condition they're in. The resistors and pots are probably the surest thing in this package, and even then there's no telling what 40 years of sittin' on some shelf have done to them.

Still, if the stuff works... interesting possibilities for vintage gear.

www.andysmash.com

firgela
pushin' record

Post by firgela » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:00 am

Judas Jetski wrote:Ah, so you're ignoring the fact that I said I don't know what the tubes are?
Yeah, pretty much. Thanks anyway boss.
"You can be a king or a street sweeper but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper"
-Robert Alton Harris

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Post by Judas Jetski » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:16 am

SOLD!!

www.andysmash.com

Milkmansound
george martin

Post by Milkmansound » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:56 pm

DB cooper!

This has nothing to do with your thread but I love your avatar. Have you read Skyjack yet? (speaking of threadjack)
(((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))
www.pedalsteelamp.com
www.milkmansound.com
Follow me on Facebook!

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Post by Judas Jetski » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:11 am

DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER! Your prize is $200,000 and a parachute, method of collection to be discussed via airliner.

Oh, and I've read just about nothing about the whole thing. Been too busy to obsess over it, which is what I'm sure I'll be doing soon enough. First I have to learn everything I can about the Battle of Blair Mountain.

www.andysmash.com

Milkmansound
george martin

Post by Milkmansound » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:00 pm

if you read anything about the DB Cooper mystery, read Skyjack. Blows the mind. Plus, a good friend of mine wrote it :)
www.pedalsteelamp.com
www.milkmansound.com
Follow me on Facebook!

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Post by Judas Jetski » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:05 am

What do you think about that lady who came forward last month, saying D.B. Cooper was her uncle? I have to say, her story sounds more convincing than anything else I've heard, except the obvious theory that the guy was killed on impact.

www.andysmash.com

Milkmansound
george martin

Post by Milkmansound » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:32 pm

read the book :D
www.pedalsteelamp.com
www.milkmansound.com
Follow me on Facebook!