Namm Pass

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

mrscary
alignin' 24-trk

Namm Pass

Post by mrscary » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:38 am

Not sure if this is the right part of the forums for this. Is anybody still able to send out a nonmember badge invite for Namm 2012? I had one but it didn't go through and I was told it's invalid etc...I would really appreciate someone hooking me up if possible. I'll pay the fees etc of course.

Thanks

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:00 am

If you have a good friend in a company which is going to be there... then you can ask nicely for a day pass.

The security at NAMM is tighter than at any airport. With no reason other than to be pains in the arse.

I don't go anymore precisely because of this. I have better things to do than look at new gear which I cannot buy yet. NAMM prohibited selling items at the convention a few NAMMs ago... at least that is what I was told by several manufacturers.

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

mrscary
alignin' 24-trk

Post by mrscary » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm trying. I was there last year, it seemed like a typical giant circlejerk with overly ridiculous security. Like i'm going to walk out with a drum kit in my pocket while pretending to be someone else...

It seems they're being extra giant douchebags this year...hence my original 'expired' badge can't be resent. All the people I know aren't able to send an invite anymore. I almost don't even want to go because it just seems like stupidity at this point, but I'm stuck with a plane ticket...probably cheaper to go to NAMM than have nothing to do in LA. That can get expensive :D

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Hey mrscary, what instrument(s) do you play?

GJ

mrscary
alignin' 24-trk

Post by mrscary » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:14 am

lol...dokken covers on kazoo!

Guitar of course. Not enough unfortunately, I miss the days when I used to play 12 hours a day nonstop...

I can play bass but I don't sound like a bass player...

I guess very basic drums as well...

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 am

I'd go anyway. Lots to do in LA, and a lot of great players to take some lessons with. Just a thought...

BTW, I'm a producer, and I've been looking for a new sound. Just the other day it hit me! Dokken covers on KAZOO!!!!

Send me a tape (cassette prefered).

GJ