F/S: Soundtracs Topaz 32 Ch. Console w/ PSU Snakes Manual

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

out_of_control_room
audio school

F/S: Soundtracs Topaz 32 Ch. Console w/ PSU Snakes Manual

Post by out_of_control_room » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:28 am

Hello Folks,

A friend recommended I give this message board a try to see if anyone is interested in the console I'm selling.

It's a Soundtracs Topaz 32 Channel 8 Buss Recording/Production mixer. I purchased this locally not knowing that it was designed as a recording console. I had been hoping to use it for live sound. It's been in my non-smoking, temperature and humidity controlled practice room for about 2 weeks now.

Included is the power supply, full original printed manual with schematics and gooseneck talkback mic. I also have a bunch of Canare and Mogami TRS to TRS cables that I'll include with the deal.

I've powered up the mixer, plugged in headphones and a mic and checked out the channels. Out of 32 channels - there are 4 which are intermittent.

Cosmetically the console is nice, could use a cleaning. I had emailed with a tech in Miami who works on Soundtracs gear and he recommended trying Deox-It for the inserts on the affected channels.

Also - there are 2 TRS jacks that have broken collars - the jacks still work perfect however.

Asking $750 for the lot. Also considering offers. Will accept trades of: Guitar amps, bass rigs, live sound console, live sound microphones, microphone preamps, etc. Willing to wheel and deal - let me know what you've got!

Below are some pictures - feel free to email for more. Contact me through PM or email: howyousaytoday [AT] gmail [DOT] com.

I am located in Southern NJ right outside of Philadelphia. I will happily ship this console - buyer covers all shipping and packaging fees. NY/Brooklyn people I'll gladly meet you halfway.

mrscary
alignin' 24-trk

Post by mrscary » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Oh man...that's a freakin' cool board...damn it, wish I had the money and space for it...

out of curiosity, what are the dimensions?

out_of_control_room
audio school

Post by out_of_control_room » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello & Thanks!

The board is pretty compact for 32 channels: 48" wide x 29" deep x 7" high.

One REALLY nice thing is that it's not bad weight wise at all. I'd say in the neighborhood of 70 pounds. My wife and I EASILY moved it from our van into the house and down a flight of stairs.

If you're not within driving/meet up distance I would definitely work with you shipping the console. I've shipped boards like this before.

Anyway - thanks for looking!

AlexHerd
takin' a dinner break

Post by AlexHerd » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Sent you an email!