Photo album. Enjoy.

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Party was super great. Thanks to all the cool companies that helped make it great... Burl, Slate, Mojave, etc..etc...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... a81c333932

More new pics up.

It actually is starting to look like a studio in the "A" room, which is feeling great. SSL8000 G+ is placed and being hooked up as we speak!

Tim A
gettin' sounds

Post by Tim A » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:23 am

dude it looks awesome! defiantly going to have to visit. when your doing all the interior stuff will it have a similar vibe you your studio G control room? I think im about to set up a space in the city over here and really dig that vibe, whats you kind of mentality when setting it up?

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:38 pm

A bunch new pics on the FB pages...
SSL install going well. About to put down the 3/4" reclaimed parquet oak flooring in the live room. Finished the HVAC leg for the SSL power supply ISO in the machine room... I am starting to get excited. Its amazing to have doors.

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Even more pictures going up soon.
We have been building for a long time now.
Studio is starting to feel great.

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Studio G has a new SSL room, and it is up and running.
Come check it out.
I am really ready to be done building.. wow...
Mixing all this week, and then final tweaks and sessions at the new space!

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:31 pm

This pretty much says it all for me:

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:32 pm

5.1 panning joystick module in the SSL center section. very rare.

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:34 pm

The view from behind the SSL through the 64 sq ft floor to ceiling control room glass to the live room in the "A" room:

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:18 pm

A bunch more shots on the studio G facebook page. I did a session in there and it really sounds INCREDIBLE in the control room. Super happy about that and very proud to have designed it myself!

Come check it out for yourself if you are in NYC sometime!

losthighway
resurrected

Post by losthighway » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:46 pm

It looks beautiful Joel! I wondered a couple things looking at the pictures, will you put doors up on the 2 iso booths, or just baffle them when you need separation?

Is your couch between the console and the live room? It looked like all your racks are right behind the captains chair.

The contrast between the wood and the colors of the fabric make that place look awesome. Congratulations!

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:50 pm

losthighway wrote:It looks beautiful Joel! I wondered a couple things looking at the pictures, will you put doors up on the 2 iso booths, or just baffle them when you need separation?

Is your couch between the console and the live room? It looked like all your racks are right behind the captains chair.

The contrast between the wood and the colors of the fabric make that place look awesome. Congratulations!
Yeah, man. We are putting up giant sliding patio door thingies, so they will be completely glass. Two fixed panels and two sliding panels per iso booth. Big enough to get the piano in or out on a concert dolly.
The couch is in fact between the console and the live room, yes. Like a few rooms I really liked working in. It also helps to offset the sonic liability of having a 64 sq ft window in the front of the room, to have the monitors more than 7 feet back from that glass, and over 8 feet from any boundary at all. it sounds incredible in the live room. Even with the temporary adam A7's in there right now, it is a joy to listen to music in that room.
The live room is coming along nicely. I am totally hooked on this place. Excited to be fully moved in and working away....
our 1200 sq foot "B" room is coming together nicely now as well.
here is another view of the live room, from the linoleum iso booth towards the control room: