Scott Hamptone Is The Coolest Motherfucker On The Planet

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

mechanicalmastering
takin' a dinner break

Scott Hamptone Is The Coolest Motherfucker On The Planet

Post by mechanicalmastering » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Yeah, that's right, ya don't see the F-bomb in the title too often now do ya! What a stand-up guy. Seriously. After much research and input from everyone here, I finally mustered up the guts to call the man himself. I explained what my needs were and Scott helped me decide which of his amazing kits I should purchase, (I chose the JFET with step-attenuators, btw, the sound of Royal Purple!), we spent almost an hour just yapping it up just like old friends. Without disclosing the exact details of the transaction, what I will say is that Scott's service alone is par-none, he really went out of his way to go above-and-beyond to make sure that I'd be happy with the purchase, so much so that I now regret not choosing to have him actually build it. It really saddens me that such truly excellent personalized attention gets lost on massive corporations with massive production-lines, especially considering that Scott's products can clearly be had at a fraction of their sonic worth. I chose to create this post in hopes that someone considering these these amazing pres will feel more confident about taking the leap, I'm super stoked about the purchase and the damned-thing isn't even here yet. Amazing guy, amazing product. Viva la Hamptone!

Jitters
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Jitters » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Royal Purple?

The Scum
moves faders with mind

Post by The Scum » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Royal Purple?
You know, murex puke.
"What fer?"
"Cat fur, to make kitten britches."

Burnt Ernie
steve albini likes it

Post by Burnt Ernie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Ask him about Snapperhead.Or Morganatics(sp???) Dude kicks mega serious ass. Always has.
Mpls lost a good one when he left.
I am the Walnut