Help with Logic

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

comfortstarr
re-cappin' neve

Help with Logic

Post by comfortstarr » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:17 am

I'm thinking it's time for me to get someone to sit with me and help me work through my set-up, workflow, etc. in Logic. Any idea as to how to find such a resource? I'm just outside of NYC in NJ. Of course, I suppose this could be virtual as well with screen sharing, etc. Still, googling has not been productive.

On another note, anyone used this site: https://logicstudiotraining.com? This I'm thinking about just for ongoing training. I realize there's a ton of info online for free, but I also realize that often times you get what you pay for.

Thanks in advance...

ricey
alignin' 24-trk

Post by ricey » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:14 pm

you should watch someone drive, if possible... plenty of Logic heads in your part of town - i could recommend some folks that might be interested, we trained together.

you probably know about sonikmatter,com? great, great people over there. Osc Wild is the Fletcher of Logic

also great resource is this guy David Earl who goes by SFLogicNinja
subscribe to his channel, he's fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPzqpHK7Iao

Rufer
pushin' record

Post by Rufer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Highly recommend a subscription to Lynda.com for all of your creative software educational needs. High-quality computer-based training.

Gentleman Jim
buyin' a studio

Post by Gentleman Jim » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:23 pm

While it may not be necessary if you're only interested in getting your Logic house in order, I am a Lynda.com subscriber. I love it, use it all the time, and it has been more than worth the $300 a year in time and hassle saved with probably a dozen different software titles.

I can't recommend it enough.

Flight Feathers
re-cappin' neve

Post by Flight Feathers » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 am

Hi, I'd be happy to help out. I've been using Logic since it was version 5 on a PC. But I also feel as each subsequent version has come out, especially since Apple took over, it's gotten easier to use, and I have less need for tricks and shortcuts. I mostly use Logic as a tape machine, with some editing/comping and plugins, but nothing more advanced than that.

Where are you in the process? Any specific things you are looking for help with?

Also, we are in the process of moving to Maplewood, so maybe I can get some tips from you!
5D Studios <-- my OLD studio
Flight Feathers <-- my band

Wilson
studio intern

Post by Wilson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:28 pm

Go to http://www.soundonsound.com/ and save all the Logic tutorials on PDF and there, free logic education. That's how I taught myself Logic and now I blaze through it.
As in music, so in life

junomat
re-cappin' neve

Post by junomat » Thu May 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Get in touch if you have any questions. Or call. More than happy to help out!