Latest gear you've acquired.....

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

T-rex
dead but not forgotten

Post by T-rex » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:15 am

TC M-One XL - I missed my TC Reverbs. The Lexicons are Lush for sure, but not very realistic. This fills in a hole and I may have to get a second one it sound so good and are so cheap.
[Asked whether his shades are prescription or just to look cool]
Guy: Well, I am the drummer.

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:04 am

kingnimrod wrote: EHX superego
How you diggin this? Out of EH's newest offerings, this was the one that struck me as being genuinely innovative and useful. Their demo reel on YouTube is actually quite impressive/inspiring.
"I try to hate all my gear equally at all times to keep the balance of power in my favor." - Brad Sucks

Brett Siler
moves faders with mind

Post by Brett Siler » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Audix Om3 (I love the Audix OM series mics)
4 Samson S Plus patchbays
EWI 8 channel snake
XLR-RCA snake
2 XLR - 1/4 TRS cables.

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Yeah, so, um... I just bought a 24 channel console, a Ramsa WR-S4424. It's dead minty, as in "used sparingly for church services until they upgraded." And the price was very, very right.

I was looking for something with mojo, maybe 8 channels.... aaaaaaand now I have a 24 channel-console. Hmm. Looks like I might be trying my hand at mixing OTB after all. Or starting a live sound company? Yeesh.

My girlfriend is sitting across the room from me reading, and she has NO IDEA I just bought a big electrified piece of furniture for the basement. DANGER ZONE.

"I try to hate all my gear equally at all times to keep the balance of power in my favor." - Brad Sucks

metrocenter
audio school

Post by metrocenter » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Smitty wrote:I was looking for something with mojo, maybe 8 channels.... aaaaaaand now I have a 24 channel-console.
Haha, funny how that happens sometimes!
Smitty wrote:My girlfriend is sitting across the room from me reading, and she has NO IDEA I just bought a big electrified piece of furniture for the basement. DANGER ZONE.
:shock:
Rockin' In The Free World

T-rex
dead but not forgotten

Post by T-rex » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Sweet! Its not the board that gets you in trouble, its the three racks of gear you buy to go with the board. :shock:

Awesome though seriously, that will be fun to mix on.
[Asked whether his shades are prescription or just to look cool]
Guy: Well, I am the drummer.

kingnimrod
pushin' record

Post by kingnimrod » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Smitty wrote:
kingnimrod wrote: EHX superego
How you diggin this? Out of EH's newest offerings, this was the one that struck me as being genuinely innovative and useful. Their demo reel on YouTube is actually quite impressive/inspiring.
I love it - I have the Freeze also - this builds on the Freeze with a lot of added features. Lots of different ways to use it.

Brett Siler
moves faders with mind

Post by Brett Siler » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Smitty wrote:Yeah, so, um... I just bought a 24 channel console, a Ramsa WR-S4424.
Awesome! I hear those are the one's to get with Ramsa. Be prepared to spend as much on cables as you did on the mixer. :x

Good luck with your girlfriend haha

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:49 am

Used Peavey PV6 mixer. Non-USB version. $39.99 at GC.

A pretty hip little mixer. Nice options, pretty quiet. Not sure whether I'll add this to the DJ rig, use it for video production, or have it available for utility/live recording use. I have a couple of Behringers that do the job nicely, but the one that has phantom power has the "fake" phantom; the Peavey has honest-to-goodness All-American 48 volts.

GJ

Marwood Williams
pluggin' in mics

Post by Marwood Williams » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Smitty wrote:Yeah, so, um... I just bought a 24 channel console, a Ramsa WR-S4424. It's dead minty, as in "used sparingly for church services until they upgraded." And the price was very, very right.

I was looking for something with mojo, maybe 8 channels.... aaaaaaand now I have a 24 channel-console. Hmm. Looks like I might be trying my hand at mixing OTB after all. Or starting a live sound company? Yeesh.

My girlfriend is sitting across the room from me reading, and she has NO IDEA I just bought a big electrified piece of furniture for the basement. DANGER ZONE.

Sweet! I have a 4416 and love it!

metrocenter
audio school

Post by metrocenter » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:08 am

FMR RNLA. I'm a low-end most-bang-for-your-buck kinda guy!

Also recently bought some used mics: KSM32 and MD421U.
Rockin' In The Free World

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:40 pm

M Audio Profire Lightbridge
Cable to interface my Akai S612 sampler to my AX60 synth
several adat cables
Lots of pots/electronics stuff
EHX DoubleMuff (pre-SMD version), because I've always wanted one, and well...why buy one when you can buy two, right? I wish I had bought this years ago, because this gets me where I want to go...never could really get into Tubescreamers or Rats...I kind of like the Metal Muff but sometimes it is a bit too metal for everyday rock. I'm amazed at how much clarity it retains even when going over the top with it...can't say the same for others.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:50 pm

So I searched for "vintage mic" or some such on the evil-Bog, and I come across a guy wants US$25 + US$16 shipping for 3 desk-stands, two Lanier mic's (one working) without the top screen, and a cuppla cables, one good clip, and 3 clips missing screws.

A bunch crap, right?

So I need a cuppla desk stands, got to thinkin':

3 desk stands is at least US$30.

I can always use cables, what are at least US$8-10 each.

One clip is US$3.

So it's like, save US$8-12 and get some mic parts ...

You may now larf at me.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Just make sure you leave the TOMB up on your screen in the background when they come to film your episode of Hoarders. :-)

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:33 pm

You larf!

bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.