Evilbog issues, again

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:25 am

To me it just seems dickish to bash eBay all the time when it's eBay who continue to bail you out of all of these aborted transactions. eBay seems to be working great for you. And, despite multiple attempts at fishing for sympathy, nobody here has come forth with similar tales of regular difficulties. Maybe it's you? I know it's incredibly difficult to see that when you have so many good (in your mind) reasons to believe otherwise.

And, for future reference, just because a company refunds your money, it does NOT mean that they agree with you. In most cases, they've made a judgement about how much of a pain in the ass you'll be to deal with and are just considering the quickest way of wrapping up their dealings with you. I'm guessing that eBay will not shut down this guy's account over this.

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:30 am

FIVE MINUTES!!! FIVE MINUTES SINCE MY POST AND NO RESPONSE!!! I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A DISCUSSION HERE. I GUESS YOU JUST RIPPED ME OFF. MODERATORS!!! SHUT THIS SHIT DOWN AND BOOT HIS ASS FROM THE BOARDS. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:55 am

:lol: 's

It's not Ebay itself I'm bashing here - sorry for the confusion.

Rather, it's the whole system. I don't know what could make it better, necessarily, it's just that I see these kinds of issues on a regular-enuff basis I wondered if anyone else did.

As for the O-razor, well, mebbe I'm exhibiting some OCD (don't have it, but ...), but when challenged I take the challenger seriously enuff to give a considered reply. That's called "respect", which, somehow, is mebbe a little lacking amongst some of you responding herein.

And the fact that others haven't joined in here may be as much to do with the firefight you guys are attempting to have with me ... or disinterest.

Or mebbe you are right and I'm a bad man and I scared all those fine folks over at Ebay into giving me the refund. :roll:

Also, did I mention I'm a pretty quick typist? And work on the computer, on-line, much of the day? Please don't think I'm agonizing over this banter (or even waiting for 5 minutes to make a joke, chris harris) ...

Finally, I find amusement in all y'all's amusement, also, even if nothing you've said is at all persuasive; you guys in your alleged passivity, condescension, assumptions and would-be stings are pretty funny. :twisted:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

RoyMatthews
re-cappin' neve

Post by RoyMatthews » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Personally I just assumed that the guy was lying about just having a baby too.
"If there's one ironclad rule of pop history, it's this: The monkey types Hamlet only once."

dfuruta
re-cappin' neve

Post by dfuruta » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:12 pm

I buy and sell stuff on eBay regularly, both as a part of my job and privately. I can't imagine even hassling the seller until two weeks after a sale or opening a case before a good three weeks have gone by...

That being said, I have had people try to rip me off, perhaps 10% of the time, particularly when I've gotten good deals. It happens.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:56 pm

First of all, what "hassle"?

The auction promised immediate priority shipping with delivery by 9-6-13. It was a term of sale offered by the seller, and relied upon by me, the buyer. To be more clear - I would not have bought the item if he needed a two-week delivery date. I mean, seriously?

On 9-5, 7 and 8 I asked if the item had shipped - no response.

I opened the case on 9-9, 24 hours after my third inquiry, 4 days after my initial inquiry and two days after the item was due but not received - all without a response or any form of communication.

On 9-11 he promised immediate priority shipping.

As of this AM (2 days later) when I escalated, no other contact, no shipping #.

Net result: it's now 7 days post promised priority delivery date.

Now, it's clear to me that all y'all are sympathizing with this guy because you are also sellers - mebbe that's why you think me so unreasonable. (Seriously? "two weeks after a sale or opening a case before a good three weeks have gone by... " Seriously? :shock: )

But the other net effect here is I loaned the mofo US$100+ for 13 days, without interest, and lost my use of my money for that time period.

Seriously, if I was a used car salesman? A paycheck loan guy? If I had money on the street? I would make all y'all the best deal ever. Each of you. :twisted:

Final "that said", 10-15% is the figure I came up with, also (see first post in thread) - and this is one of those attempted rip-offs. :x Or not, and the guy is just a doosh who doesn't care about Ebay's rules, his buyers, his rating, and being ethical in the sales process. At the very least he's inconsiderate, if not an outright liar and/or thief, and it would at this moment seem seem to be one or both of the latter.

But haven't we had fun debating this? :lol:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:04 am

Addendum:

I posted feedack yesterday:
"*BAD SELLER*: lies, no item ever sent - had to escalate for refund."

The day before someone posted this:
"Horrible! Never shipped item, didn't respond to any emails, waste of my time..."
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:25 pm

You completely neglected to mention that this guy's positive feedback rating was below 80% at the time of the sale. You probably did get ripped off. But, you also (hopefully) learned a lesson about buying from people with low ratings. BUYER BEWARE!

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:18 pm

You got it wrong, again, Sr. Harris. :lol:

At the time I bought the thing, he had 117 sales and a 100% feedback rating.

If you look above to my post starts, "Well, the fact ..." (about the 13th?), you will see that I cited, "Despite his hitherto good record, ...".

Further, if you look here, you will see that he has the two recent bad feedbacks I posted above, and one neutral review since May, 2011.

Skepticism and insults are fine and all, but at least try and get the facts right before you attempt to use them to, again, be "dickish" and gratuitously attack me, aiight? :twisted:

FWIW, on the Ebog, I'm like the king of caveat emptor; I will not buy if the rate is below 97% or so. (You will note, again, that mine is 100%, altho' I am only a buyer. But I'm getting to be almost willing to bet that yours and kslite's are below 100% as sellers, eh? :wink: .)
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:17 am

Ahhhh, I admit that I misunderstood. I don't even use ebay that often. I didn't realize that the rating is only based on the last 12 months.

So, I apologize.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

8)
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:59 pm

So mebbe my true calling is just finding meltdowns? :twisted:

The guy's rating is now 58%.

And no, I'm not obsessing; the My Ebog page puts it front and center.

(I did just take delivery today BTW, onna PL68 and a Bass Muff - last week I got shackles for my truck - all without issues.)
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:21 pm

Now, keeping in mind that I've bought a few things since the last time, both here and on the E-bog and one from Reverb (what is having a UPS issue as I post), but here's another.
So this dickhead sells this to me with this pic:

What ain't show this paint and etched audience-side:

And here's where we at:

Dear tony500661,

This was not disclosed, and is unacceptable.

======================================

do you have a piece of tape? ?or some paint?....i didnt think it was a big deal to mention that detail for the price i was asking for the item, plus i thought it was a sticker, that is the way i recieved it, never gave it a second thought...is it really worth 20 bucks to mail it back???...it cost 7bucks to ship it

- tony500661
tony500661 sent you a message about your request: put a piece of tape over it or sand it or paint it come on man.....this thing cost nearly 100 bucks, you got it for 25, ...there is nothing wrong with the functionality of the unit.....i thought it was just a sticker..and gave it not a second thought
tell you what , sell me one of your bands stickers and you keep it and afix it onto the pedal to cover that unsightly mess that is on there....sound reasonable?
- tony500661
Dear tony500661,

Please see my prior messages for my position.

jeez dude you need to relax and lighten up, we are not going to court for a murder trial, you can speak freely with out your lawyer present.......i wish you had not bid on this item, i had other bids that would have not complained about such a small detail....who knows maybe that band that is inscribed on the item is a good band and the remote chances of someone in your audience will see it might recognize it and actually cheerfor you!

- tony500661
Dear tony500661,

I don't want your insults, nor do I want the item.

Please refund my money, and please stop contacting me.

Otherwise, let E-Bay handle it.

I mean, how canya's not be amused? :twisted:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:45 pm

So the doosh offered US$1 and I refused it, opened a case saying, "Seller was childish and insulting in response to my request for a return."

Result: refund. 8)

Now, anybody got some stickers?

:twisted:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:45 pm

And now, because I love irony, lemme note that, after alla that, I just plugged the pedal in, and it's broken anyway! :lol:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.