*UPDATED* Clearing Space - Telefunken, Altec, Blue, QE...

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

*UPDATED* Clearing Space - Telefunken, Altec, Blue, QE...

Post by buddy holly » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:33 am

***NEW ITEMS ADDED. SEE LINK FOR LOADS OF PICS***

***I cross-posted on GroupDIY. Hope that doesn't break any rules!***

Hey everybody! Its been a while. With 2 new youngsters entering my life I have been "taking a break" from audio DIY for several years and now with an eminent move I must accept that it is time to let go of stuff I will never get to. Its been fun and one day I'll rejoin you I'm sure!

Pics can be posted if necessary, but I'll give preference to buyers who make life quick and easy for me :-). I'll list a few things to start with and then will keep adding as I dig through it all:

-Buyer pays shipping-

NEW STUFF!!! See link to pics below:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10039657 ... banner=pwa

Mysterious Alien Audio Device :-) -- This appears to be a 4 channel gain control unit of some sort. The front plate says ProTech Audio 668 VCA. It is loaded with 4 Valley People EGC101's and a bunch of small transformers. The modules look alot like the Harrison console VCA modules. Make offer based on the value of the EGC101's. These are the same VCA's that are in the toggle switch Symetrix 501's. I can (gulp) gut it and just send you the VCA's if you'd prefer.

Ampex Studio Monitors ? 70's? These are 2-way, low power, don't handle a ton of bass, but very natural and balanced to my ears. 6 or 8? driver. Wood grain finish. Good for alternate reference. $30

Shure Mic Mixer ? M68. Working condition. $20

Bogan Mic Mixer ? Model CAM G-20? Working condition. $20

Shure ?Audio Master? EQ ? M63. Really cool, low-fi EQ. Has freq-selectable hi cut and lo cut. Sometimes offers just the right thing for a track. $35

Quad Eight CA727 Dual Preamp Card ? Schematic Included. Electronically the same as 2 CA27's. Has 2 QE3440 input trannies on board. $??? What's it worth? I also have 2 x QE 3041 Outputs that were purchased to go with this, but I'm tempted to swap them into a PM1000 setup in 1:2 and see what I get...

Will also include 2 Alpha 50K pots needed for racking this. $??? -- Make me a fair offer and I'll decide whether or not to keep it Smile.

I also have:

2 x QE3041 output transformers (1:1 or 1:2, and is what the CA727 commonly used for outputs). $60 / pair

1 x Original Langevin AM16 Amphenol connector (so you don't have to solder directly to the pins) $10

1 x Unused Parmetal 12-19123A Alodyne (Silver) 2RU rack case (new $95.00 from ParMetal). Unused, but may have some scuffs from storage. Still in plastic / paper wrapping $50

2 x JLM GoBetween - $???

Blue Mikey Stereo iPod Condensor mic ? plugs directly into an iPod or 3G iphone. 3-position pad, swivel head. I don't have an iphone, but I was thinking of stealing the capsules. $30

See other stuff in pics. I'll update later. Gotta get the kids...

Telefunken V672/2 module - Was sold to me by fellow forumite as working. It has leads soldered directly to the back connector. Some pins bent but still totally workable. I never tested but have every reason to believe it works. $150 SOLD

Altec 9475 - Same story as above. Soldered leads onto back connector. No bent pins though. Sold to me as working. $150 SOLD

Langevin AM16 - 2 available. Confirmed working. $175 ea SOLD

Langevin AM16 module mounting trays with connectors - $15 ea SOLD

Blue Lolly Capsule - one of the original C12 emulators. Fits on AKG c451 bodies and several others with the right adaptor. Comes with Blue wooden box. $250 SOLD

AKG CK22 Omni cap for C451 mics - $150

Behringer ECM8000 Omni pair - With cases, no clips (unless I find them - they are here SOMEWHERE!). $65

Yamaha PM1000 Master modules with or without trannies - make offer

Yamaha PM1000 Input modules (2) - these have been modded with pots in place of the green 4-button switch bank. $50 ea

Yamaha PM1000 Talkback modules (2) - These have an input and output tranny plus an xlr input on the front of module - $60ea

Yamaha PM1000 original PSU - from working board - $15 (beware, its heavy!)

Yamaha PM1000 Trannies - Outputs $30 , Inputs: $15

male and female XLR connectors from above. I have lots! Make offers.

Scully 280 modules - 2 available - Working, with all cards. Some non-original knobs. $150ea

Symetrix HA-10 Headphone Amplifier - 19" rack unit. One channel works, other buzzes loudly. Good for restoration, gut for parts, or use case. $20

Paypal works great. I'm in Birmingham, Al 35206.

Thanks!

-Ray
Last edited by buddy holly on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:12 am

PM sent.
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

Post by buddy holly » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:34 am

Hey everybody,

So far the AM16s + trays, Altec, and Telefunken are spoken for. Not everything has been paid for so of anything falls through I will contact the next in the dibs line. I'll be adding more tonight and over the weekend.

Thx!
Ray

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

Post by buddy holly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:51 am

UPDATED

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:17 am

I've got to admit, looking through 200+ pictures on an iPhone for one device wasn't as much fun as I knew it wasn't going to be... I also couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Do you have any close-up pix of the Shure AM M63 EQ?

GJ
Gregg Juke
Nocturnal Productions Music Group
Drum! Magazine Contributor
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

Post by buddy holly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:03 am

Gregg Juke wrote:I've got to admit, looking through 200+ pictures on an iPhone for one device wasn't as much fun as I knew it wasn't going to be... I also couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Do you have any close-up pix of the Shure AM M63 EQ?

GJ
Ha ha. I know the feeling. Lets see if this works...

https://plus.google.com/photos/10039657 ... 4684609066

https://plus.google.com/photos/10039657 ... 4684609066

Also added pics of the Quad Eight.

The AMEK and Otari R2R are sold.

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

Post by buddy holly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:46 am

YIKES! Hey EQ-heads, I just tested the M63 and it did not power up. Sorry, I will do some testing tonight.

I'll remember the dibs order and get back to everyone once I either figure it out or give up. It worked last time I tested it a couple weeks ago. It is hopefully something simple.

Sorry!

-Ray

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Shure M63 rocks. They're a great little tool for stupid cheap money. I've got a rack full of them. Nice sounding bass and treble as well as hi-cut and low-cut filters.

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:04 pm

Pictures look great, thanks. Let me know if it works!
Thanks for the heads-up, RR...

GJ
Gregg Juke

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

Post by buddy holly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:21 pm

rhythm ranch wrote:Shure M63 rocks. They're a great little tool for stupid cheap money. I've got a rack full of them. Nice sounding bass and treble as well as hi-cut and low-cut filters.
New updated pricing: $399.99

:D

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Lol indeed.

Keep me updated on viability status?

GJ
Gregg Juke

bobar
studio intern

Post by bobar » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:03 pm

PM sent.

buddy holly
takin' a dinner break

Post by buddy holly » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:33 am

ey everybody,
I am camping this weekend so if you've msgd me bear with me I will be back Sunday night and reply to everyone. Thx!! Ray

norton
buyin' a studio

Pm sent

Post by norton » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:09 pm

...pm sent