Help me find a "thin" bulk cable for 1/4" pat

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

elam
studio intern

Help me find a "thin" bulk cable for 1/4" pat

Post by elam » Thu May 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi all,
As the title says I'm looking for a "thin/mini" bulk cable to build around 30 cables to connect my hardware to x2 TRS bays.( a mix of XLRs,Jacks and RCAs)

I'm a new to this, so bear with me.I did my research for connectors-balanced/unbalanced build etc, but I'm overwhelmed with bulk cable offering and which gauge to chose.

I'm behind with a lot of my production work (I 've build a wood desk and a couple of wood racks on top of that). I need a "hands on" help from you,as it took me a while to gather info and I still need to solder these bas&^%rds.

I'm definitely on the inexpensive side of things.No Mogami/neutrik.The connectors will be generic.Everything will be "fixed", "glued" to the patchbays, no gigs or moving things around as soon as they will be plugged in + Short cables.

So gentlemen/gentlewomen, do you have a cable reference I can use for that ? Inexpensive or generic ? Ideally, I was thinking of a diameter close to a "regular" 3.5 headphone jack and flexible. But as a rookie (I just know how to solder mic/guitar cable) I don't know how difficult it is to solder this type of gauge. So "thin" but "not to thin" ;-).

I need your help guys.Thanks for any info.

Rufer
pushin' record

Post by Rufer » Fri May 30, 2014 6:43 am

This seems like what you're looking for and at a nice price:

http://www.redco.com/Canare-L-2B2AT.html

elam
studio intern

Post by elam » Fri May 30, 2014 8:40 am

Spot on!
That's perfect.Thanks a lot for your help Rufer. Much appreciated.