Soundcraft ghost external TB Mic input?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

rockstudio
gettin' sounds

Soundcraft ghost external TB Mic input?

Post by rockstudio » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Does anybody know if the ghost has an external TB mic input? I received a call from a studio looking to purchase one of my TB switches, and I want to make sure he gets set up properly. The other thing I'd like to know is if the TB button is latching or momentary, ideally he would latch the switch on, and then use my button to activate an external mic patched into the console. Thanks!!

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:39 am

The Manual wrote:Other Inputs:

While not technically inputs (there are no input jacks), Ghost has some controls that send signals to the buses. They will be covered here. For our purposes, we are generally treating signals sent to the buses as inputs. In the next section (Outputs), we will trace the signal flow from the buses to Ghost’s outputs.

Talkback

The TB MIC is connected to the Talkback level control, which sets the level of the signal, and then to the Talkback routing switches. There are switches for TO TAPE, TO AUX 1-2, and TO STU. When you press the TO TAPE switch, the signal from Ghost’s mic passes through the Oscillator’s TO TAPE switch, and if that switch is not depressed, the signal is sent to the MIX-L/R and GRP 1-8 buses. The Oscillator TO TAPE switch takes precedence over the Talkback TO TAPE switch. When you press the TO AUX 1-2 switch, the signal is sent to the AUX 1/2 buses. When you press the TO STU switch, the signal goes to a point directly after the Studio source select switches and before the Studio level control, so that the TB signal can be monitored in the Studio outputs. Note that whenever any Talkback switch is engaged, it automatically engages the DIM circuit, which is located directly after the Control Room level control. This will attenuate the level of the control room outputs.
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

farview
tinnitus

Post by farview » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:35 am

To directly answer your question, no there is no external mic input. But if he simply plugs a mic into a channel and sends that channel to the headphone mix, he can use your switch to turn it on and off.