FS (NYC) - Tascam 38 1/2" 8 track reel to reel - $Make

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

mrscary
alignin' 24-trk

FS (NYC) - Tascam 38 1/2" 8 track reel to reel - $Make

Post by mrscary » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:29 am

Picked this up a while ago and it has never been used. Have a couple of more machines so this one's for sale.

Since I got it, it has only been used twice, once when I first got it, and once yesterday to make sure everything was in order. Thus, it has been cleaned with 99% alcohol and demagnetized.

Transport is working smoothly. All 8 tracks record and play audio, although track 2 was a bit low. It needs minor alignment and biasing for ATR, which is what we used for testing.

I've recently used one of these machines, properly set up, with ATR, and it sounds stellar.

The only issue is that it could probably use a new pinch roller. It is sort of falling apart. I covered it with a layer of electrical tape and it is very usable now. However, it should probably be addressed before serious hardcore use.
Luckily, http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com/Tascam.html can resurrect it for a very affordable price and it'll be better than new.

http://gfycat.com/FrightenedViciousEasternglasslizard here's a GIF/Video of the machine in action. I couldn't resist! :D

It includes a bunch of snake cables. More than what you need to hook it up. This alone will save any buyer a bunch of money and headaches.
It also includes two take up reels, one of which has a couple of minutes of ATR tape

I would be willing to ship it if somebody wants to pay shipping but I wouldn't recommend it.

mrscary
alignin' 24-trk

Post by mrscary » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:52 am

My original thread said 550 but I'm willing to hear all offers, I'd like this gone soon

supermonster
audio school

Post by supermonster » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:22 am

Is this still available??? I'm in NY...

mrscary
alignin' 24-trk

Post by mrscary » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:02 am

PM Sent