Tascam 688 MIDIstudio in Philly (works great!)

*Gear*ed towards individuals who are buying/selling - NOT a place for businesses to post their goods for sale.

Moderators: TapeOpLarry, tomb

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Tascam 688 MIDIstudio in Philly (works great!)

Post by alexdingley » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:46 pm

CASH PICKUP ONLY in greater Philly area.

Selling this off for my girlfriend — it sat in her house for 2years (she bought it used) and they barely ever used it. It works perfectly, and sounds better than any cassette 4/8 track that I've ever heard (probably due to the doubled recording speed).

All Mic press sound fine / knobs all turn cleanly / in & out jacks all seem great / transport is stable, all buttons work fine / only one segment of the "scene#" LCD area is dead, and that means you're still pretty easily able to read the scene# on the LCD. The rest of the LCD display works perfectly.

I recorded myself (all instruments, overdubbed by me) doing the worst rendition of a Ben Folds Five tune that you could possibly hear — and if you act fast, I'll throw that in. (it's truly horrific what I've done to the song)

Here are two quick pics:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/XrGkvK]Image

I'm seeing them go for various amounts on eBay... between $350-$700, depending on condition. This one is in quite good shape, so we'd take $500