Quantum 128 Mixing board. Any other Quantum owners?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

creaturesleeper
gimme a little kick & snare

Quantum 128 Mixing board. Any other Quantum owners?

Post by creaturesleeper » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:17 pm

I've had this thing for years and am diving back into it again after it sat in the corner for a long time inoperable. I have made a little patch bed to pull the boards seperately to power up put signal in and work on. Its going good so far. I posted in here several years ago about it and got busy with other projects so here goes again. I'fd love to talk to other owners users etc.

cgarges
zen recordist

Re: Quantum 128 Mixing board. Any other Quantum owners?

Post by cgarges » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:42 pm

The early REM recordings. (original "Radio Free Europe" single and "Chronic Town" EP) were done on a Quantum that Mitch Easter had before getting his Amek. There's a pretty substantial "early REM" thread on here form a few years ago where I got Mitch to give some pretty heavy answers about those records. I always liked the way they sounded.

There was also a guy around Chapel Hill in the 80s named Steve Gronback who had a larger, nicer Quantum and I always liked the sound of stuff that came out of his place. I think Quantum also built a few REALLY nice, much bigger consoles. I'm pretty sure that John Vanderslice had one of those for a while.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC