Lexicon aLex reverb

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

lawnmowersongs
audio school

Lexicon aLex reverb

Post by lawnmowersongs » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:00 pm

I was recently gifted a Lexicon aLex with no power supply. I record on 4 and 8 track cassette and have been using an Alesis Midiverb 4 on my effects send, but have been thinking about aquiring a power supply and trying out the Lexicon. How do they compare?

Thanks

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Re: Lexicon aLex reverb

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:37 am

I had one years ago. It sounded grainy and weird but cool. Not particularly realistic in any way and not as hi-if as the Alesis (and that’s saying something) but it was its own cool thing. For the price of a power supply it’s worth trying.

lawnmowersongs
audio school

Post by lawnmowersongs » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks for the reply!

It sounds like it'll be an interesting thing to use as an effect on individual tracks. I've been running my vocals through a couple danelectro guitar pedals on their way in, so it would be nice to be able to add a separate reverb or delay in the mix instead.

(also, I've been lurking on this board for a long time, and stumbling on your 4 track stuff really inspired me to try to get everything I can out of my machines. I really enjoyed your album as well)

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:38 pm

lawnmowersongs wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:49 pm

(also, I've been lurking on this board for a long time, and stumbling on your 4 track stuff really inspired me to try to get everything I can out of my machines. I really enjoyed your album as well)
Thanks!