Loopers:EH 2880, Digitech Jamman, electrix repeater, boss...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 am

As a heavy 2880 user, the 45000 is actually NOT exactly the same as the previous box. They addressed two of my largest gripes:

1. Multiple loops on the same card (the old one did one loop per card, no matter how large), and much more importantly,

2. The clix out a separate monitor output. Among other things, I use it in a live jazz setting. It's super-important to be able to send the drummer the click and the 100% wet looper feed - we're not playing pop tunes, so it's much more difficult to create loops in that context.

It's a ton more usable now, and I'll be picking one up stat.

S..

P.S. controlling the 2880 via the hardware footswitch has a bunch of latency - it triggers immediately over MIDI though. It will be interesting to see if the 45000 has the same problem.
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product- ... order.html

45000 MULTI-TRACK LOOPING RECORDER

Building on EHX's looper legacy, the 45000 combines the familiar controls of a multi-track digital recorder with state-of-the-art features making it possible to create complex multi-track loops quickly and easily.

Each loop has four mono tracks and one stereo mixdown track. The 45000 records non-compressed, 44.1 kHz / 16-bit CD quality audio direct to a removable SDHC card (4 to 32GB). Each card holds up to 100 individual loops accessed with the optional 45000 Foot Controller (sold separately).

Loop speed is adjustable over a two octave range, and reverse recording and playback are also possible. For extra convenience, a built-in metronome to a separate Monitor Out and a Headphone Out are also included.

Features:
Includes a 4GB card delivering up to 125 minutes of recording time
Import .Wav audio files from PC or Mac
Auxiliary Input mixes MP3 players with the loop output
Stereo mixdown track frees tracks for re-use
Overdub or punch in/out recording
Quantize or non-quantize (free running) modes
MIDI Clock Sync as master or slave
Most user parameters are MIDI controllable
USB port enables backup/restore with PC or MAC
Standard 9.6VDC 200mA power supply included

45000 FOOT CONTROLLER (optional)

It makes everything faster and easier by delivering hands free operation of key functions. Choose a new track or loop without missing a beat. Get instant access to up to 100 loops per SDHC card. The Foot Controller receives power from the 45000 and connects to it with a standard mono guitar cable.

the original "Fripp in a box"

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:41 am

New desktop looper has 5 stereo tracks, faders, phantom, fx etc. from boss looks promising.
3 hours internal storage. Anyone checked these out yet?
Like Ableton meets an electrix repeater.

http://www.rolandconnect.com/product.php?p=rc-505

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:08 pm

I've seen that...but I just bought an RC300 about a year ago, which is pretty cool... Hopefully MIDI actually works (besides MIDI out) on the RC505. I'm not sure about the table top interface though.

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:13 am

The "CTL 1,2/EXP" input jack seems to indicate that it would accept a generic footswitch, which is a refreshing break from EHX's overpriced (completely necessary) proprietary "accessory" footswitches.

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:49 pm

RC-505 Manual says:

CTL 1, 2/EXP jack
You can connect
expression pedal (EV-5,
etc. ; sold separately) or footswitches (FS-5U,
FS-6; sold separately) here, and use them to
control a variety of parameters.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Right, my RC300 has the same footswitch ports...I have a team of footswitches that plug into it also, which makes for some nice toe tapping capabilities. So I don't think there is enough potential for foot control on the RC505 for my purposes, unless I were to hook up a large MIDI foot controller.

air frankenstein
audio school

ehx 2880 vs 45000

Post by air frankenstein » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:35 am

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2880 secondhand. I'm aware of its limitations compared to the 45000 but I didn't have the cash for the 45000 (300 euros used compared to 560 euros new).
I've been wondering if anyone has tried a 45000 foot controller with the 2880 to see if it allows for multiple loop storage or better yet if anyone knows whether it's possible to upgrade the 2880 by installing the 45000 software upgrade onto it and then using a 45000 foot controller.
I'm wondering if ehx just changed the card slot and the foot controller or if the new unit is intrinsically different.

Thanks for any insight.

shedshrine
deaf.

Re: Loopers:EH 2880, Digitech Jamman, electrix repeater, boss...

Post by shedshrine » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:08 pm

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:23 pm

haha nice 5 year bump.

a friend of mine just sent me the link for that 95000 today, funnily enough. it is more than i need! but i am gonna pick up the tc ditto x4, and pair that with my line 6 looper, a mixer, and a bunch of effects. i have big plans.

BIG PLANS.

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:45 pm

Looking forward to hearing it!
I have been waiting for something like this EHX unit to supercede my longtime love affair with the electrix repeater. No sooner had I sent it off for repair (wayward shoe toss broke the tempo encoder) and have the noise mods done while they (COndor Electronics) had it opened up do they (NAMM 2018) announce the EHX 95000. I will be looking through my gear pile for a few things to sell post haste and get my hands on one of these.

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Whoohoo! they're showing up used and minty, or at least this one did.
Going to give the repeater to the offspring with caveat of visitation rights.
Comparing to the repeater..The 95000 doesn't do the multiply loop length command, I mean at least not with a dedicated button on the unit like the repeater, (I'm sure there's a midi command, for me I'm just trying to keep everything as simple as possible pedal control-wise, so your probably not committed to just the length of the first loop to play against), guess I better do a little homework before I start saying things like it supercedes the repeater in all other aspects.
(He says in his "I got my new toy" euphoria. The thing just arrived 20 minutes ago..)

Hope your big plans are going well MSE!

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 pm

shedshrine wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:07 pm
haha. you are sweet.

let's just say things have NOT gone according to plan here. i'll tell the story shortly.

but soon enough i will be looping like crazy.

congrats on your new friend!

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:44 am

shedshrine wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:07 pm
Whoohoo! they're showing up used and minty, or at least this one did.
Going to give the repeater to the offspring with caveat of visitation rights.
Comparing to the repeater..The 95000 doesn't do the multiply loop length command, I mean at least not with a dedicated button on the unit like the repeater, (I'm sure there's a midi command, for me I'm just trying to keep everything as simple as possible pedal control-wise, so your probably not committed to just the length of the first loop to play against), guess I better do a little homework before I start saying things like it supercedes the repeater in all other aspects.
(He says in his "I got my new toy" euphoria. The thing just arrived 20 minutes ago..)

Looks pretty cool though it would seem I’m set for loopers at the moment (Pigtronix Infinity, Roland Scooper, Line 6 HD500x).

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am

The following is based on a true story

“ Man, that’s a good deal“

“Whatcha looking at?”

“Oh, I’m just checking out this nice hollow body. This guy lives like only six blocks away .“

“Don’t you have enough guitars already? I mean you’ve got that pointy one, that one that looks like a woman with an awesome figure, and this one with the 2 horns, and..and these five or six other beat up ugly ones you say sound so good too. So they all sound good right? Why do need more? “

“Well my dear, because this one will sound good differently

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 am

shedshrine wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 am
The following is based on a true story

“ Man, that’s a good deal“

“Whatcha looking at?”

“Oh, I’m just checking out this nice hollow body. This guy lives like only six blocks away .“

“Don’t you have enough guitars already? I mean you’ve got that pointy one, that one that looks like a woman with an awesome figure, and this one with the 2 horns, and..and these five or six other beat up ugly ones you say sound so good too. So they all sound good right? Why do need more? “

“Well my dear, because this one will sound good differently
She says why do you need so many guitars/keyboards/etc...I say why do you need so many clothes/shoes/tattoos?

Nah my wife doesn’t care about all my crap. Though I should clear out some guitars.