Electrical Audio Studio Practices Recording Seminar July 2019

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

tmoneygetpaid
audio school graduate

Electrical Audio Studio Practices Recording Seminar July 2019

Post by tmoneygetpaid » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:39 pm

Hey yall,

We at Electrical Audio are hosting our first ever recording seminar July 5-8, 2019.

The Electrical Audio Studio Practices Seminar is a 4-day practicum on both recording techniques and running an analog recording session, hosted by Steve Albini at Electrical Audio, with Technical Discussions by Greg Norman.

This seminar will be a real ensemble band recording session on analog multitrack tape, using classic studio techniques, analog processing, and mixdown to a stereo master tape.

Steve and Greg will lead in-depth discussions of microphone choices and positions for both amplified and acoustic instruments, signal flow through a patchbay and console, tape machine calibration and alignment, tape editing, mixing to tape, stereo mic techniques, room ambience recording techniques, and more.

Participants will get hands-on instruction in setting up and operating tape machines in a session, including calibration, transport controls, recording and monitoring modes, punching-in to repair mistakes and razor-blade editing.

The cost to attend is $2000, and attendance will be capped at 10 participants.
Coffee, a light breakfast, and lunch will be provided on all 4 days of the seminar.

Limited dorm-style lodging is available for an additional $200 per person on a first-come, first-served basis. Participants will otherwise be responsible for figuring out their own lodging during the seminar.

To reserve your spot, please call us at 773.539.2555.
or email us at info@electricalaudio.com.

In order to confirm your spot, full payment will be due within 1 week of your reservation.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Re: Electrical Audio Studio Practices Recording Seminar July 2019

Post by kslight » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Who has $2200 they can spot me on short notice? 8)

Don’t get me wrong, would be a cool experience but in order to seriously consider it would need more than a month to find that much cash in a responsible fashion... :alien:

row
audio school graduate

Post by row » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:56 am

I would love to hear about this from anyone who went! Especially what they feel they got out of it...

sound for sandwiches
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by sound for sandwiches » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:07 pm

I inquired about registering, and was told it had been postponed until November...