Where do you buy band stickers?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

digitaldrummer
dead but not forgotten

Where do you buy band stickers?

Post by digitaldrummer » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:38 am

Looking to buy some stickers for a band. It's a simple black and white logo. I'm thinking the 2x2 might be kinda small. A 3x3 or larger circle shaped sticker would be perfect but my band cannot afford giveaways @ $1+ per sticker (jeez, who's can?). I found a couple places that I can get 1000 pieces of 2x2 paper stickers for ~$30 which is more in the ballpark.

So where do you get them, what else should I know?

ShinyBox
steve albini likes it

Re: Where do you buy band stickers?

Post by ShinyBox » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:44 pm

stickerguy.com

digitaldrummer
dead but not forgotten

Post by digitaldrummer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:30 am

so I have a laser printer and a computer so I said phuc it and decided to buy some knock-off Avery labels and do it myself. For the first batch I printed about 60 2" round stickers (sold as labels). I can also get 500 of these for about $10 via Amazon, so.... Avery templates are free. The most difficult part is getting the label sheets lined up properly in my printer. Sometimes they drift by an 1/8" or so and then the logo is not centered on the sticker. So still trying to improve on that. I suppose a print shop that is cutting after printing could make this more accurate, but I'll be giving these away for free anyway. I think good enough for now. :mrgreen:

The Scum
resurrected

Post by The Scum » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:21 pm

Check out dieselfuelprints.com, in Portland, OR.

After having really slow turnaround from the Guy, diesel seem to be on the ball. Vinyl ink, screenprinted on vinyl base, like a quality bumpersticker. They hold up in the Colorado sun perfectly well.

Looks like they've changed their pricing scheme, but they'll quote on as few as 125 pieces in B&W and R,B&W, and they've added a die-cut (or Cricut cut at least) option that's not too expensive. 125 pieces 3x3 B&W square for $30 as of today.

Last time around, we used one of their template sizes, and they called back, and said they'd realign the image with even gutters for no upcharge. Also took maybe 6 days start to finished product on my porch.

I've also had some full-color, die-cut stuff done by another company, and yes, they were something like $1 each...
"What fer?"
"Cat fur, to make kitten britches."