shedshrine build 3.0 - furniture, cats, gear, enlightenment, and yer mom, man

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

shedshrine
deaf.

Re: shedshrine build 3.0 - furniture, cats, gear, enlightenment, and yer mom, man

Post by shedshrine » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:08 pm

Not sure how this would work into the story...
vurt is the Czech word for purity and was not the cologne's original name.
They originally tried to combine the Czech word and the English,
but sales much improved after they removed 'pur' from the front of the brand name.
Yes, I made that sh*t up.

vurtcologne.jpg
vurtcologne.jpg (41.81 KiB) Viewed 2785 times
Last edited by shedshrine on Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winky dinglehoffer
buyin' a studio

Re: shedshrine build 3.0 - furniture, cats, gear, enlightenment, and yer mom, man

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:57 pm

shedshrine wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:08 pm
Not sure how this would work into the story...
(although I hear it sold much better after they took "pur" off the front of the name.)

vurtcologne.jpg
Just a squirt
of Vurt
Makes the ladies alert.

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:03 pm

Damn straight, Skippy!

Edifying myself with info. This thing is killer. Thanks again for the recco.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nord_Stage

floid
buyin' a studio

Post by floid » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 am

Though it would likely be a shame to do so, that Viola Audio looks like a prime candidate for some truly amazing bending hackery.
Village Idiot.

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:22 pm

floid wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 am
Though it would likely be a shame to do so, that Viola Audio looks like a prime candidate for some truly amazing bending hackery.
Viola Audio tube patchbay mod.jpg
Viola Audio tube patchbay mod.jpg (227.31 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
Last edited by shedshrine on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

winky dinglehoffer
buyin' a studio

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:55 pm

shedshrine wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:22 pm
floid wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 am
Viola Audio Curcuit Bent.jpg
Is there a Kickstarter for this? Put me down for two!

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:35 pm

The Moog 500 series ladder filter is functioning perfectly, Just working out some bugs with the cv to midi circuit around back . And waiting for the Scum to deliver the pitch-wheel assembly. (arrived today!)

Viola Audio tube patchbay mod 5.0.jpg (212.55 KiB) Viewed 2561 times
*I suppose I could remove the tonearm now.
Last edited by shedshrine on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.

The Scum
moves faders with mind

Post by The Scum » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:37 pm

I think I pulled a Nigel.

The bender assembly is in my garage.

It looks like Rai stone. I can't event manage a cent on it.

We're gonna need to rent a crane.
"What fer?"
"Cat fur, to make kitten britches."

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:19 am

Me and ms MSE were sitting around the other night and she decided that what the world really needed was "some box you can hook up to your tv that will play all your obsolete media".

Before I could ask "have you considered your target demographic? do people under 30 even own any media at all?" she was off and running, and the ObTech Integrated Player was born.

So the regular version will feature cd/dvd/vhs/cassette/8 track, the super deluxxxe version would include beta, laserdisc, jaz drive, floppy disc, and a variety of aux inputs for scsi drives, etc. Might as well throw in a turntable too, why not.

Shed if you wanna come up with some prototype ideas for this, we'd love to add you to the team. Just send the invoice to ObTech.

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:10 am

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:19 am
Me and ms MSE were sitting around the other night and she decided that what the world really needed was "some box you can hook up to your tv that will play all your obsolete media".

Before I could ask "have you considered your target demographic? do people under 30 even own any media at all?" she was off and running, and the ObTech Integrated Player was born.

So the regular version will feature cd/dvd/vhs/cassette/8 track, the super deluxxxe version would include beta, laserdisc, jaz drive, floppy disc, and a variety of aux inputs for scsi drives, etc. Might as well throw in a turntable too, why not.

Shed if you wanna come up with some prototype ideas for this, we'd love to add you to the team. Just send the invoice to ObTech.
Hey, thanks for thinking of me Scott.
Pretty busy at the moment, but let me check my calendar.

Got a few irons in the fire..

For one, and I think he brought it up on a Rogan podcast, so I can talk about this. I’ve been consulting in small part with the Elon Musk backed Flutz Capacitor update commission. It is hoping to enable the retrofitting of any modern vehicle to allow space/time continuum maneuvering and precision time travel. Preliminary tests that show that theoretically the speed required can be brought down as low as 62 mph, a significant decrease from the previous 88 mph.

Oh, and this is a fun one. Got a foot in the fashion industry with modern tech 3D fabric fabrication, the first offering of which will be thickness compensating line of clothing. It will have a small highly flexible washable rechargeable solar gel panel that will allow the fabric to swell or thin out depending on the weather and average body thermal temp. Should be coming to market in the fourth quarter of 2020.

And for personal projects. I’ve been working on what I call the anti-forgetterator. It’s just a little neural implant thing that shocks the hippocampus where your active short term memory is so you don’t have to go back to where you thought of something before you went there and forgot and need to go back to remember. You just press the impulse sensor button and it jars your memory to recog the previous two minutes. It had one other feature, the um........it can....shoot, what was it.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:01 pm

In these pandemic times, I am working on the vvv Proximal-Side Hand De-Foliater.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:07 pm

shedshrine wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:10 am
the anti-forgetterator.
I'm in for two and I can pay.

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:02 pm

Meanwhile...

winky dinglehoffer
buyin' a studio

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Basses, shmasses....
What about thevoice of Geddy Lee?
(how did it get so high?)