Whoa.... free Tracktion

general questions, comments and ideas about recording, audio, music, etc.
kayagum
ghost haunting audio students
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 11:11 pm
Location: Saint Paul, MN

Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by kayagum » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:08 pm


User avatar
wing
on a wing and a prayer
Posts: 5375
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: brooklyn, ny
Contact:

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by wing » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:36 am

yeah... DO IT! i love tracktion. any questions just ask me...

segaface
steve albini likes it
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:50 pm
Location: STL, MO
Contact:

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by segaface » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:58 am

wing wrote:yeah... DO IT! i love tracktion. any questions just ask me...
Yes! :^:

Another Tracktion devotee here.
fossiltooth wrote: That's like saying you hate Fenders because of Yngwie Malmsteen.
My musics.

User avatar
Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:58 pm
Location: Western MA
Contact:

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:03 am

he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

User avatar
wing
on a wing and a prayer
Posts: 5375
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: brooklyn, ny
Contact:

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by wing » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:15 am

yeah, at first i was going to say UTFSF, but decided not to since he's just trying to help out, spreading the good news of this sweet program. :)

maz
buyin' a studio
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: In A Van Down By The River

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by maz » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:20 am

wing wrote:
yeah, at first i was going to say UTFSF, but decided not to since he's just trying to help out, spreading the good news of this sweet program. :)

good point... leading to the question, "does helpfulness and overall intent factor in to the required usage of UTFSF?" subquestion: "could the giving/receiving of a UTFSF be taken as general encouragement and spurring on towards more helpfulness?"

Dave Nutz
pushin' record
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:00 am
Location: NYC

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by Dave Nutz » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:27 am

traction is great fun

anyone have mirrors/links to free Vst plugs? ive got all the fish fillet ones, the delay lama which is great fun, and bunch of other crappy sounding modulators and what not. im looking for a decent eq
01010100 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01001101 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01101100 01100101 01100001 01100100 01100101 01110010 00100001

housepig
buyin' gear
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 10:26 am
Location: The Plains of Leng
Contact:

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by housepig » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:53 am

Dr.Nutz wrote: anyone have mirrors/links to free Vst plugs? ive got all the fish fillet ones, the delay lama which is great fun, and bunch of other crappy sounding modulators and what not. im looking for a decent eq
check out www.kvr-vst.com - it has a search function where you can specify only free plugs.
- housepig
_______________

Housepig Records
free mp3's

User avatar
nlmd311
tinnitus
Posts: 1172
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:19 am
Location: Florida

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by nlmd311 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:32 am

Awesome! Thanks. I totally missed out on the last thread and I am glad you posted this or else I would have missed this completely. It took a little tweaking to get it running smooth, but so far so good (well it has only been about 15 minutes.). I have heard nothing but good things about this program and can't wait to get deeper into it.
thanks again for the heads up!

-Darrill
slowly panning across something kind of crappy...

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 11:11 pm
Location: Saint Paul, MN

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by kayagum » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:54 am

maz wrote:
wing wrote:
yeah, at first i was going to say UTFSF, but decided not to since he's just trying to help out, spreading the good news of this sweet program. :)

good point... leading to the question, "does helpfulness and overall intent factor in to the required usage of UTFSF?" subquestion: "could the giving/receiving of a UTFSF be taken as general encouragement and spurring on towards more helpfulness?"
Some of us had to go out of town for Thanksgiving, and I'm sorry if the inlaws don't have Internet access- geez! :wink:

maz
buyin' a studio
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: In A Van Down By The River

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by maz » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:02 am

kayagum wrote:
maz wrote:
wing wrote:
yeah, at first i was going to say UTFSF, but decided not to since he's just trying to help out, spreading the good news of this sweet program. :)

good point... leading to the question, "does helpfulness and overall intent factor in to the required usage of UTFSF?" subquestion: "could the giving/receiving of a UTFSF be taken as general encouragement and spurring on towards more helpfulness?"
Some of us had to go out of town for Thanksgiving, and I'm sorry if the inlaws don't have Internet access- geez! :wink:
I know, i was just jokin' around! 8)

skinnyemo77
takin' a dinner break
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:06 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by skinnyemo77 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:07 am

I do most of my recording with dry signals on a digital multitracker... i want a computer program on my pc that will allow me to dump between 8-10 .wav files into an editor and add effects, mix, pan, etc... anybody who uses tracktion a lot, would it be a good program for that kind of thing?

User avatar
wing
on a wing and a prayer
Posts: 5375
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 12:00 pm
Location: brooklyn, ny
Contact:

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by wing » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:58 am

skinnyemo77 wrote:I do most of my recording with dry signals on a digital multitracker... i want a computer program on my pc that will allow me to dump between 8-10 .wav files into an editor and add effects, mix, pan, etc... anybody who uses tracktion a lot, would it be a good program for that kind of thing?
mos def.

tracktion has been compared up there with a lot of higher end apps, so don't be fooled despite the fact they're giving it away right now :)

User avatar
YOUR KONG
buyin' a studio
Posts: 872
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:57 am
Location: CT & NYC
Contact:

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by YOUR KONG » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:33 am

Traktion vs. Acid? Same thing?

skinnyemo77
takin' a dinner break
Posts: 152
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:06 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Whoa.... free Tracktion

Post by skinnyemo77 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:42 am

Wing:

The reason I asked was not to question the credibility of the program, but more or less to evaluate how well it would apply to my purposes.

From what I gleaned reading about it on the mackie site, it's more for midi/looping than for full track editing. Will it bog down if it throw a dozen 3-5 minute .wav file tracks in there?

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests