Pro Tools 6.4 wave driver problem

a computer-related recording forum with user woes, how-to's and hints
wallace
gimme a little kick & snare

Pro Tools 6.4 wave driver problem

Post by wallace » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:58 am

I just upgraded to Pro Tools 6.4 and I'm trying to get the Wave drivers installed so I can play CDs and MP3s through my 001... I had this problem recenlty with PT version 5.4, and Bombastique helped me out. Everything was fine. Now that I've got the new version of PT, I can't get CD playback. I tried installing the ASIO driver and the Wave Driver, but that didnt' help. Any ideas?

Also, wasn't version 6.4 supposed to have Automatic Delay Compensation? It doesn't seem like it does for certain plugins.

nicksense15
gettin' sounds

Re: Pro Tools 6.4 wave driver problem

Post by nicksense15 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:40 pm

Go to Control Panel, then Sounds and Audio Devices. Under audio, can you select your 001 as the default device? If not, you have some problem with your drivers and you may try un-installing the wave driver and ASIO driver, restart and then re-install just the wave driver and restart and see if that works.

As for auto delay compensation in 6.4, I have never heard of anything like that, maybe 6.7, I dont know I havent used it yet.

Nick

kcrusher
tinnitus

Re: Pro Tools 6.4 wave driver problem

Post by kcrusher » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:46 pm

Which application are you using for playback?

The 6.4 Wavedriver can now work on the same computer as the ASIO driver, the limitation being that the WD has to have an 'opt-in' list. If the app you're using for playback isn't in the 'opt-in' list, it won't play thru the WD.

First you should read the 'read me' file that was installed with the WD - should be somewhere in your Digidesign folder. Next, you can get the DigiMMEHelper app to add applications to the opt-in list from here:

http://www.digidesign.com/download/wave/
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson