Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Post Reply
drumsound
zen recordist
Posts: 6699
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:30 pm
Location: Bloomington IL
Contact:

Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by drumsound » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 am

Hello and welcome.

I just noticed while I was posting that there were 13 Guests hanging out on the forum. As a moderator of this forum I feel inclined to make sure you're comfortable. Can I get you a drink or a snack?

Please sign up for a membership, subscribe to the magazine (if you don't already receive it--its FREE you know), and contribute to our little community. Ask a question, share some insight, or even a story.

We're a pretty friendly group. We're happy you're here.

Thanks,

Tony SanFilippo
moderator

standup
buyin' gear
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:04 pm
Location: Baltimore
Contact:

Re: Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by standup » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:01 am

I don't post a lot, so if I just breeze on by to read a couple posts I don't bother to log in.

User avatar
Snarl 12/8
ghost haunting audio students
Posts: 3334
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:01 pm
Location: Right Cheer
Contact:

Re: Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:00 pm

I only log in to post or reply. Usually cruise by once or twice a day to see what's going on. I thought it was BYOB, so I'm cool on the drinks.

Thanks though.

ck
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

User avatar
markjazzbassist
re-cappin' neve
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:33 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by markjazzbassist » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 am

if you click the "remember me" or whatever it is, you're always logged on. i turn off my computer many times and am always somehow still logged in here. just a thought.

tomb
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:36 am

Re: Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by tomb » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:36 am

And for those of you who choose to sign up, know that to keep down on spam, each account request is looked at with real eyeballs, so it may take a day or two to be processed.

tomb

jimjazzdad
gimme a little kick & snare
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:05 am
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Re: Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by jimjazzdad » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:45 am

markjazzbassist wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 am
if you click the "remember me" or whatever it is, you're always logged on. i turn off my computer many times and am always somehow still logged in here. just a thought.
That only works if you don't clear cookies and history after each browsing session, as I do (yes, I wear a tin foil hat too)
Jim Legere
Halifax, NS
Canada

User avatar
Snarl 12/8
ghost haunting audio students
Posts: 3334
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:01 pm
Location: Right Cheer
Contact:

Re: Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:59 am

jimjazzdad wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:45 am
markjazzbassist wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 am
if you click the "remember me" or whatever it is, you're always logged on. i turn off my computer many times and am always somehow still logged in here. just a thought.
That only works if you don't clear cookies and history after each browsing session, as I do (yes, I wear a tin foil hat too)
+1. And apologies for my adblocker too.
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

User avatar
vvv
zen recordist
Posts: 8655
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 8:08 am
Location: Chi
Contact:

Re: Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by vvv » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:24 pm

bandcamp; vlayman;
THD; Geronimo Cowboys;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

jimjazzdad
gimme a little kick & snare
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:05 am
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Re: Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by jimjazzdad » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:15 am

Snarl 12/8 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:59 am
...And apologies for my adblocker too.
I tend to turn off my adblocker for forums / websites that I frequent and get a lot of good info from - they need the ad revenue and I need the forum, so its sort of quid pro quo.
Jim Legere
Halifax, NS
Canada

winky dinglehoffer
suffering 'studio suck'
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 12:08 pm
Location: ATL

Re: Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:57 pm

Interestingly, TOMB is the one site where I get ads even with adblockers on. I actually appreciate that--ads are very much audio-focused, & I don't have to worry about being tracked or having ads tailored to something that has nothing to do with anything I care about.

User avatar
Snarl 12/8
ghost haunting audio students
Posts: 3334
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:01 pm
Location: Right Cheer
Contact:

Re: Welcome Guests and Lurkers

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:36 pm

winky dinglehoffer wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:57 pm
Interestingly, TOMB is the one site where I get ads even with adblockers on. I actually appreciate that--ads are very much audio-focused, & I don't have to worry about being tracked or having ads tailored to something that has nothing to do with anything I care about.
This is true for me too. I worry less about the ads now that I'm deleting everything automatically after each session. I guess I was apologizing for previous adblocker use.
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests